I am pleased to announce that our Mobile Future Forward Book for 2013 will be published and become available exclusively to Mobile Future Forward participants on Sept 10th. As is the tradition, the book has some brilliant essays and interviews from our speakers – the thought leaders and mobile industry senior executives, on trends, opportunities, innovations, and user experiences. More importantly, these thought-pieces highlight how some of the leading companies are gearing themselves to execute on the 4th wave. The book provides a perfect platform for our day long brainstorm about what the next 5 years in mobile will look like. We have extraordinary speakers and am really looking forward to the discussions throughout the day.
The essays are:
1. Mobile 4th Wave: Evolution of the Next Trillion Dollars – Chetan Sharma, President, Chetan Sharma Consulting
2. One-on-one with Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility
3. Connected Car: Building a New Industry – Pavan Mathew, Head of Connected Car, Telefónica Digital
4. HTML5: Big Hurdles Exist, but Economics Will Always Win – Hank Skorny, Vice President/GM, Intel
5. Being Open: New Markets, New Opportunities – Tracy Isacke, Head of Americas, Telefónica Digital
6. Video is Not Data (or Voice) – Chris Koopsman, Vice President/GM, Citrix ByteMobile
7. The Cloud and its Omnipresent Impact – Biju Nair, Chief Strategy Officer, Synchronoss
8. Digital Lifestyle Services: Winning ‘Life Share’ of Customers – Doug Suriano, Vice President, Oracle
9. Mobile Apps Privacy Framework for Consumer Transparency and Control – Sarla Sharma, Vice President, Chetan Sharma Consulting
10. The Internet of Things is Changing the Order of Things (and of Conversations) – Matt Carter, President, Sprint
11. Remaining Relevant and Sustainable in the Age of Smartphones – Stephen David, Former CIO, P&G
12. Building a New Business Within a Big Company: Keys to Success – Kevin Petersen, President, AT&T Digital Life
13. The Future of Mobile Healthcare – Raj Toleti, Chief Technology Officer, Patient Point
14. What Really Drives Mobile Devices Market Performance? – Chetan Sharma, President, Chetan Sharma Consulting
15. SDN – The Platform for Mobile Service Innovation – Steve Shaw, Director, Juniper Networks
The goal of the Mobile Future Forward Summit is to explore the future of the mobile industry, to create new connections, to openly discuss and debate new ideas. By bringing together a really diverse group of individual leaders – both speakers and audience, we are able to create an environment for constructive dialogue that will hopefully help in formulating your own strategies and product plans.
My thanks to all the authors and their respective organizations for making this year’s book possible.