Trust that the end of a fabulous mobile year is treating you well. Wish you and yours a very happy holiday season and best wishes for a terrific 2017.
As is the tradition, we are doing our 10th Annual Mobile Predictions Survey for 2017. I would like to request your input in the process. We rely on our community and colleagues to help us understand the trends for the upcoming year.
The questions are:
1. What was most newsworthy in Mobile 2016?
2. What will be the biggest mobile stories of 2017?
3. Who are the top 4 important players in the mobile ecosystem?
4. What will be the breakthrough categories in mobile in 2017?
5. What will be the most popular consumer mobile applications in 2017?
6. Who will dominate the mobile payment/commerce space?
7. Who will make the biggest mobile acquisition in 2017?
8. Who is doing the most interesting work in the IoT space?
9. Who will dominate the Autonomous Vehicles race?
10. What impact will the new US administration policies have?
11. Which category will generate the most mobile data revenue in 2017?
12. Which region will end up leading the world in 5G by 2020?
13. Which protocol will dominate IoT Communications?
14. The company bringing the most successful mobile gadget of the year – 2016 and 2017?
15. Mobile company of the year – 2016 and 2017?
16. Automation and Digitization of industries will lead to?
17. Which of the following are likely to happen in 2017?
18. What category will be impacted the most by mobile in the next 5 years?
19. Which segments are likely to get disintermediated the most by algorithms in the next 5 years?
20. Who was and will be the mobile person of the year?
As an incentive, we will be giving away 5 copies of our exclusive edition Mobile Future Forward 2016 book (Connected Intelligence: Brain of the Global Economy) that is a collection of essays and interviews from some of the most influential mobile executives on the future of mobile.
Deadline: Dec 27th. Results will be released in early January. The survey is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SLQ2JQW
Thanks and see you in 2017.