Request for Participation: 2008 Mobile Industry Predictions December 18, 2007Posted by chetan in : 3G, Carriers, Indian Wireless Market, Japan Wireless Market, Mergers and Acquisitions, Mobile Advertising, Mobile Applications, Mobile Ecosystem, US Wireless Market, Worldwide Wireless Market , trackback
2008 is upon us. We are doing a short survey (15 questions, Multiple Choice, One Answer) to gather insights from the collective brain trust - our readers, friends and colleagues. If you could please take this short survey and let us know what you think. You can answer any or all questions. If you leave your email address, we will enter you in the drawing for winning a signed copy of our upcoming book “Mobile Advertising” (John Wiley & Sons, Feb 2008).
We will share the summary of the results during the first week of 2008.
Please click here to start responding. If the link doesn’t work for you, please cut-n-paste this URL -
Survey ends Dec 28th.
The questions are:
1. Will there be a Google Phone in 2008?
2. Will Google play to win in the 700MHz Spectrum Auction?
3. Will Microsoft launch its own mobile phone?
4. Will Mobile Payments get traction in North America and Western Europe?
5. Will WiMAX regroup from its setbacks?
6. Will Verizon truly open-up its garden for third-party visitations?
7. Will 2008 be the inflection year for Mobile Advertising?
8. Will Android make a dent in handset shipments in 2008?
9. Will Femto-Cells gain any significant momentum in 2008?
10. Will Nokia be able to extract iPhone-style rev-share from carriers in 2008?
11. Will Helio survive 2008?
12. Will Palm survive 2008?
13. Will iPhone truly open up?
14. Will there be more unsubsidized devices introduced in the US market in 2008?
15. Will Mobile TV move the needle in 2008?
Please feel free to pass this on to anyone who might be interested or have something to say.
Thanks and Have a safe and wonderful holiday.