Location-based Mobile Local Search March 27, 2006Posted by Chetan in : AORTA, Carriers, Location Based Services, Middleware, US Wireless Market , trackback
Talk about consumer LBS (in US) has been around for almost a decade. It is great to see Infospace launch a location based mobile local search app with Sprint. A huge step in AORTA, makes the user experience much better.
A premium J2ME application, InfoSpace Find It! is available on a range of Sprint Nextel phones, with users easily pinpointing their location through automated GPS or location systems, or preset entries such as zip code, address or intersection. The service includes:
– Local Quick Clicks(TM): Find local business listings and locations with maps and driving directions with minimal clicking.
– One-Stop Searching: A single search location for Yellow Pages, White Pages, Maps, Directions, Movie Listings and more.
– Find People by Name or Number: Search using only first and last name, or by entering a phone number to find out to whom it belongs.
– What’s Nearby(R): Access details on what’s close with one click on the phone, even if the caller doesn’t know exactly where they are.
– Click to Connect: Make phone calls with one click instead of dialing the entire number.